We recently received an email from one of our portrait shoots, and wanted to share with you all what was said! We love to hear reviews from our past customers, and love that they are so happy with their artwork that they take the effort to personally let us know!
“I just wanted to thank you for the beautiful photos you took of my children Hannah & Mitchell. The images are amazing and everyone I have shown has been blown away not only with the clarity of the pictures but also the way in which you have captured their individual personalities.”
Thank you so much, Natalie Crawford
Hannah is a sweet little girl, who like most kids her age, can be a little cheeky at times! She really loves playing soccer, so we incorporated this into the photos to show her developing passions.
This works really well as it turns a photo into a true study of the person, so we suggest if you are coming in for a shoot, consider bringing in props etc to really bring out the personality of your child!
- Do they have any sports that they play? Uniforms and equipment can be used to great advantage in photos and turns them into meaningful pieces of artwork.
- Recent shoots that have used this to their advantage include this shoot with Hannah and her soccer gear, and we have also had amazing photos with budding gymnasts and their ribbons, and taekwondo outfits for emerging martial arts experts!
- Do they have any hobbies or interests? Think drama, dancing, drawing and everything in-between!
Think outside the box and you would be amazed at what our photographers can create for you!
Mitchell at 8 months is just starting to develop his personality, but as the photos its amazing the range of facial expressions that babies are capable of!
- Let us know what their normal pattern is so we can work with you to find a suitable shoot time – we can get beautiful photos no matter what stage they are at (asleep or awake) but as you are probably aware, it is difficult to get beautiful photos of tired and grumpy children!
- If possible, make sure they have had a good nap and feed prior to coming in for the shoot, as this normally means that they are at their happiest during the shoot time!
- Bring in a selection of clothes for your baby so we can get a good range of photos for you, and also in case of any accidents! For the same reason, it is always a good idea to have a change of clothes for the parents as well!
- Consider whether or not you want skin shots of your baby – this can be completely nude (with strategic posing for modesty) or like Mitchell, in just their nappy. If you want shots with the nappy on, it is a good idea to bring in nappy covers like Natalie did – these look much better than a standard disposable nappy!
Most importantly, relax! Its meant to be an enjoyable experience, so don’t stress if the kids get upset and don’t want to behave, we allow plenty of time to ensure if needed, we can take a break and get them happy again!
If you would like to know more about a family shoot, or would like to book on in, feel free to contact us!